Smoke Control Curtains
Barriers for smoke controlSmoke control curtains are fixed or mobile textile screens designed to channel, contain and/or prevent the spread of gases generated in case of fire. Our systems guarantee fire resistance for 60 minutes at 1000ºC or 150 minutes at 600ºC
Functions and uses
Their main function is to contain gases in designated smoke deposit areas, or to displace it to specific exhaust areas through temperature control and smoke exhaust systems (TCSES).
“The main cause of fatalities in a fire is smoke; an appropriate TCSES design must be conceived, allowing proper evacuation from the building”.
Smoke Control Curtain Systems
- Light and compact system, allowing the creation of deposits or channels for smoke exhaust without static elements impeding the spacious appearance of the space.
- System adaptable to star-shaped, circular, angular configurations, etc.
- System which can be integrated in suspended ceilings or other structural elements, in its mobile version, which will remain hidden until being activated by the fire protection unit.
- Finished in choice of RAL colours.
Safety And Guarantee
- Control of production in factory. CE compliance certification. Autonomous system with remote management and control of fires (depending on model).
- System for controlling lowering and FAIL SAFE controlled emergency drop integrated in motor.
- Speed of lowering in accordance with ASB1 – ASB3.
- High smoke resistance and opacity DH-60 (1000ºC 60 minutes) and DA-150 (600ºC 150 minutes) under regulation EN 12101-1.
- Over 1,000 operation cycles guaranteed. Non-penetrable by smoke with pressure of 25 Pa (0.00 m3/h).
- Textile tested under regulation UNE EN 13501-1 classification A2 s1 d0.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Pre-assembled systems.
- Control of system status, management of maintenance and system lifespan.
- UPS uninterruptible power supply with autonomy of up to 6 hours. Control of position and status of the barriers.
- UPS uninterruptible power supply with autonomy of up to 6 hours.
- Control of position and status of the barriers.
- Systems for control of smoke and heat.
- Specifications for smoke control barriers.
- Fire resistance tests of doors and enclosure elements.
- Doors and barriers for smoke control.
- Classification based on the behaviour of construction products and building elements against fire.
- Classification based on data obtained in fire reaction tests.
- 1Housing, depending on model, made from galvanised sheet metal.
- 2Removable supports for forming the box and holding the roller (depending on model). Front and lower openings made with rounded edges without sharp edges or corners.
- 3Roller with ogive for rolling the textile.
- 4SMK motor depending on model with “TGFS” (Total Gravity Controlled Fail Safe Solution) technology.
- 5Lateral guides with fabric holding system on the whole vertical side.
- 6Textile holding system on the whole vertical side of the curtain for proper isolation of fire and smoke (optional).
- 7Technical fibreglass textile with different finishes depending on model and classification of the system.
- 8Counterweight in various finishes and sizes for proper adaptation to the box or suspended ceilings.